Library and Technology Services (LTS) is pleased to announce that Self-Service Banner 9 (SSB9) will be available to the Lehigh community beginning Monday, October 31. SSB9 brings a refreshed, more modern and mobile-friendly design to the Banner Self-Service interface with simplified navigation. Current Self-Service Banner 8 (SSB8) applications will still be available to use through the Spring 2023 semester, but we highly encourage using SSB9 in order to familiarize yourself with the new pages. Ellucian will discontinue support of SSB8 by July 2023.
There are several updated modules in SSB9, including:
- Employee Self-Service
- Faculty Self-Service
- Advising Student Profile
- Student Self-Service
- Financial Aid Self-Service
- Accounts Receivable Self-Service
- Finance Self-Service
- General Self-Service
How do I access the new Self-Service Banner (SSB9)?
The new SSB9 applications will be accessed by links added to connect.lehigh.edu until Enterprise Systems rolls out more robust access methods using a new Ellucian product called Experience. Once approval is given by functional area representatives, access to the different modules will become available through connect.lehigh.edu and through landing pages within the various Self-Service applications.
Timeline for transition
We will be taking the following action over the following months as we transition to this new Self-Service Banner:
- October 2022: The first wave of modules to become available will include General, Student, Faculty (including Advising Profile), Employee, and Finance.
- Late December 2022: Student Proxy Access/Management will be converted and become available in SSB9. Additionally, we will begin removing the parts of the SSB8 menu that point to any functionality that is already replaced by SSB9.
- By Spring 2023: We will continue to work with departments with custom SSB8 pages to transition to SSB9 or replace them with other software solutions.
Visit our Self-Service Banner page for additional information, including how to navigate pages while they are transitioned to SSB9.
If you have any questions, please contact LTS Enterprise Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library and Technology Services