1. Foster innovation and excellence in teaching and learning
- Partner with faculty and staff to discover, select, and adopt effective pedagogical approaches and instructional technologies.
- Offer seminars, workshops, and training opportunities that help prepare faculty and staff to engage and educate our students.
- Enhance Lehigh’s physical and online learning environments to promote high quality education, support the diverse teaching approaches of our faculty, and accommodate the varied learning needs of our students.
- Create the optimal balance of individual and collaborative learning environments, of quiet and social study zones, of formal teaching and informal learning spaces, of computer labs and virtual software for users’ own devices.
2. Enhance support for academic research and scholarship
- Help students and faculty conduct research, discover information, and communicate their academic work in an ever-changing digital environment.
- Meet faculty and student demand for library resources, software, network connectivity, data storage, and computation.
- Collect, share, and promote Lehigh scholarship, research data, and unique archival materials.
- Predict and respond to emerging resource, staffing, and security needs as computation, big data research, and digital scholarship play an increasing role in disciplines across campus.
3. Upgrade campus cyberinfrastructure and strengthen cybersecurity
- Enhance and expand our campus cyberinfrastructure, computing environments, and communication resources.
- Protect our campus from continuous and ever-changing cybersecurity threats.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and requirements.
4. Promote efficient and effective university information systems
- Enhance the interoperability of, and opportunities for sharing data among, Lehigh’s many academic and administrative systems.
- Improve Lehigh’s business and academic processes by capitalizing on analytics and effectively applying appropriate software.
- Work with colleagues across campus to use existing business, library, and information systems more effectively and also to evaluate, identify, and implement next-generation systems such as web-based and cloud solutions.
5. Develop LTS staff and refine internal LTS operations
- Attract, retain, strategically position, and develop staff.
- Plan for retirements and other staff transitions.
- Promote diversity and inclusion within our organization and across the campus.
- Streamline core services to enable exploration, creativity, and innovation.
- Improve usage of data to drive LTS processes and decisions.
- Promote environmentally responsible practices and seek sustainable solutions.
- Improve communications within our organization and across campus.