- What is Azure Dev Tools for Teaching?
- Who is eligible for the service?
- Are Lehigh staff members eligible?
- Is Microsoft Windows available thru Azure Dev Tools for Teaching?
- Are there any limitations as to what computers that the versions of Windows OS available in Lehigh DreamSpark can installed on? Can these versions of Windows be installed on a Mac?
- How can Windows be installed and used on a Mac?
- How many downloads of the software are available to a student?
- Can I get a copy of the product key for software I previously obtained through Imagine?
- Does Microsoft impose any limitations on the way students/faculty use software acquired through the service?
- When I attempt to register on the Imagine webstore it tells me my login is not eligible?
Azure Dev Tools for Teaching is a service that provides access to a variety of Microsoft software for learning, teaching and research purposes. This software includes developer and designer tools, servers and applications, as well as training and certifications.Back to Questions
All currently enrolled Lehigh students and current faculty are eligible to utilize the service.Back to Questions
No, eligibility is limited to current students and faculty.Back to Questions
Yes, Microsoft Windows is available. Windows 10, the latest version of Windows is available along with Win 8.Back to Questions
Are there any limitations as to what computers that the versions of Windows OS available in Lehigh DreamSpark can installed on? Can these versions of Windows be installed on a Mac?
The versions of Windows available are full versions and can be installed on any computer, including a Mac. There is no requirement that the computer had to have Windows on it previously.Back to Questions
Mac computers have the ability to install and run Microsoft Windows using a built-in utility called Bootcamp. Bootcamp is included in the Mac OS and is free to use. There are 3rd party applications available also allow Windows to run on a Mac, the include VMware and Parallels. These applications do provide more functionality and options than Bootcamp, but purchase is required to use.Back to Questions
Microsoft only provides a single product key for each software package. You may download the ISO media as many times as needed, but the product key will only activate once on a computer.Back to Questions
Yes, if you log into the Education Hub on the Azure Portal you can view the product keys of any software you had previously downloaded.Back to Questions
Does Microsoft impose any limitations on the way students/faculty use software acquired through the service?
Microsoft states that the software is to be only used to get ahead in school, develop new skills and take steps in research in science, technology, engineering or mathematics.Back to Questions