In addition to the R-drive project, the Ceph system offers the ability to create other types of 'project spaces' for larger, extended storage or collaboration with defined groups of users. See the list of questions and answers below for a detailed description of this service.
- Can I share data on the R-drive?
- How do I get a sharable 'Project Space'?
- What do Project Spaces cost?
- What kinds of 'Project Spaces' are available?
- Can I set permissions on files myself to give different permissions to different group members?
- Can I make my R-Drive or Ceph Project Space fully public within Lehigh or to the Internet?
- If I can't see other users' files in a Managed space, how can I tell how much space it has left?
- Where can I find more technical information about Ceph?
No. The R-Drive per-se is designed as personal storage for individual researchers. What you _can_ do is request an additional 'Project Space' for a set group of collaborators. This comes with a fee, but the directory appears in the same network location, alongside your r-drive space.Back to Questions
Submit a help request to "Research Computing" at lehigh.edu/help that includes the Lehigh usernames of the group you want to share with, the amount of space you want, the type of space you want, and the account number you'd like us to bill.Back to Questions
Ceph Project spaces are purchased in multiples of 1TB with a 5-year duration for $375/TB. If snapshots are desired, an additional project space for snapshots can be purchased with a 5-year duration at $375/TB.Back to Questions
Two kinds: Managed and Open. The Managed space includes personal directories for each individual user, accessible only to them, and a shared space in which all users can read and write all files. An 'Open' space has no pre-set structure, and all files in the space are writable by all users.Back to Questions
No. Ceph's architecture limits the types of sharing it's able to do. File permissions are set by the directories they're in. Do share files differently, you'd need to create a separate project space with a different permission set.Back to Questions
No. Currently, there is no mechanism to allow general access to files on Ceph. Other services should be used for that kind of 'publication.'Back to Questions
Utilities will be provided for itemizing the space usage by directory.Back to Questions