AT&T Wireless Lehigh's preferred wireless service provider. Our contract with AT&T Wireless allows faculty and staff to acquire wireless service at special prices for personal use as Individual Responsibility Users, or IRUs. For more information, please consult the website, visit an AT&T Wireless store or call AT&T Business End User Care at 800-331-0500.
How does the plan work?
Here’s how it works: you select the plan that works best for you from among AT&T Wireless offerings. Then, apply the special benefits of the Lehigh program:
- 17% discount on monthly plan costs ***
- Waived activation and upgrade fees
- Special discounts off new wireless telephone equipment.
- $25 off One-Time Credit with $25 or higher Data Add On Plan and $39.99 or higher Voice Plan with New Activations (excludes all iPhone/iPad/Tablet Data Plans)-Limited Time Offer
- $50 off One-Time Credit with $25 or higher Data Add On Plan and $9.99 or higher Voice Plan with New Activations (excludes all iPhone/iPad/Tablet Data Plans)-Limited Time Offer
PLEASE NOTE: *** Certain restrictions apply regarding service discounts *** - Discounts are applicable on primary voice plans of $39.99 or higher; data plans of $50.00 or higher-please consult the website, visit an AT&T Wireless store or call AT&T Business End User Care at 800-331-0500.
As of January 2008, AT&T is offering several business plans that are available at a discount through Lehigh's AT&T representative, including options for global data roaming. There is no discount on the iPhone equipment itself. Lehigh faculty and staff are eligible for an employee discount on an AT&T individual responsibility (personal) plan for the iPhone 3G only. For further information please consult LTS iPhone FAQ
PLEASE NOTE: AT&T Mobility coverage areas
How can I participate?
There are several ways to acquire or upgrade AT&T Wireless phone service.
- Consult the website.
- Visit an AT&T Mobility store in your area. Employees who already use AT&T Wireless can simply upgrade their account to participate in the Lehigh contract. You will be required to present your Lehigh University faculty or staff ID for eligibility in the program. Bills will be sent directly to your home address. You’ll be asked to provide the following information: your name, your wireless/cellular phone number, your account number, and the Individual Sponsorship foundation account number which is 40752. Your new Lehigh discounts should appear on your monthly bill within 2 months of phoning in your request to join the Lehigh University program.
Please call AT&T Business End User Care at 800-331-0500.
Please note: When visiting AT&T stores, please be certain you are visiting an actual AT&T retail store NOT an "authorized AT&T reseller/dealer". Note that "authorized reseller/dealer" stores may look identical to true AT&T retail stores, so you must ask the store staff if they are AT&T employees or resellers. Lehigh will not be able to intervene or assist if you choose to pursue an acquisition through a reseller/dealer, so please be sure you are working directly with AT&T! Only the actual AT&T retail stores are fully capable of servicing Lehigh accounts.
The following addresses indicate locations that are actual AT&T retail stores in the Lehigh Valley:
214 Lehigh Valley Mall, Whitehall, PA 18052 - 610-264-8128
1906 Macarthur Rd., Whitehall, PA 18052 - 610-770-6894
3384 Lehigh St., Allentown, PA 18103 - 610-966-7022
2455 Park Ave (Palmer Park Mall), Easton, PA 18045 - 610-923-0700
What are my responsibilities?
Please Note: ALL users are required to read and abide by AT&T Wireless' policies regarding wireless telephones.
If you have any questions or for more information please consult the website, visit an AT&T Wireless store or AT&T Business End User Care at 800-331-0500.