Students and staff who have wireless devices that are unable to connect to the secure "lehigh" wireless network can get a connection thru a special wireless network called "luna."
Luna Wireless Network
Lehigh maintains a special unsecured wireless network called luna that will allow wireless devices such as smart TVs and game consoles to connect to the campus wireless network. This network is hidden and requires that your register your device(s) before using luna. Luna is an unsecured wireless connection so it should never be used for devices like laptops, tablets or phones.
Accessing the Luna Wireless Network
In order to use luna do the following:
- Obtain your device's MAC (ethernet) address (instructions at go.lehigh.edu/macaddress. Every wireless device comes with a unique MAC address. You will need to know what your device's MAC address is. Instructions for viewing the MAC address vary by the device. If you are unsure how to find the MAC address you can call the Help Desk for assistance.
- Register your device on luna (this must be done on campus)
- Go to https://ntools.lehigh.edu/auth/macauth/
- You will be prompted to log in with your Lehigh credentials. Just follow the on-screen instructions to register your device (See image below).
- Connect to Luna on your device. You will need to manually connect to luna on your device. Luna is hidden and will not appear in the list of available wireless networks. On your device just use the Add network option and manually enter in "luna."
- Note that luna device registrations will need to be renewed when their validity period expires.
Not every device will be able to connect and be fully functional on luna.
- Generally, smart TVs and game consoles will work the best.
- Apple TV will only be partially functional.
- Devices like Google Chromecast and wireless printers will not work at all.
- Consult the LUNA Device Compatibility list for more information
- Check our troubleshooting guide for more information
LTS can only provide limited support with troubleshooting problems with using your device on luna. Questions can be directed to the LTS Helpdesk at 610-758-HELP