Most of the provided PCs in classrooms and computer labs at Lehigh run Windows, and are connected to the campus LAN. They have a number of other features in common, and more information can be found in the HelpDesk's Public Site and Classroom Computer FAQ, but here are a few quick pointers:
- You'll need to press Ctrl-Alt-Del (the Control, Alt, and Delete keys) to open the login screen.
- After that, you'll need a Lehigh User Account to log in.
- If someone else is logged in, and the system is 'Locked', (but you know no one is currently using it) you can force the system to reset by holding down the power button for 10 seconds. This will cause the previous user to lose any work they didn't save, so be considerate.
- Please remember to Log Off of the system before you leave. To do this, click on the 'Start' button, and select 'Log Off' by hovering your cursor over the carat to the right of the 'Shut Down' button.
- If you need to install additional software, you can find downloads and instructions on the Lehigh University Software pages.