Virtual CloneDrive is a free Windows program that creates a virtual CD/DVD drive on your computer. Also ISO, BIN, or CCD image files can be mounted on this drive virtually. The image files will behave as if they were inserted from a CD/DVD drive. Virtual CloneDrive is a faster and more convenient alternative to burning .iso images to a CD or DVD.
Virtual CloneDrive may be necessary to install certain very large software programs that are available at software.lehigh.edu. .
Download & Install Virtual CloneDrive
- Go to software.lehigh.edu and log in with your Lehigh credentials (login button is in the upper left corner).
- Search or browse to find the listing for Virtual CloneDrive.
- Click on the Virtual CloneDrive Link.
- Click on the green Download button.
- Agree to the terms, make sure the proper operating system is installed, and click Agree and Download.
- An executable file will download to your default download location. Click on the file (SetupVirtualCloneDrive.exe) to install the software.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation, accepting defaults provided.
- When the installation completes, close the window. You will now have a Virtual CloneDrive icon installed to your desktop.
Using Virtual CloneDrive
- Download the software (ISO, BIN, or CCD image file) you wish to mount to your computer -- this could be from the DreamSpark website or from software.lehigh.edu.
- Under Start/Computer, find the disk image -- this image is automatically mounted via Virtual CloneDrive and you can access its content. Double click to launch the installation.