In the event of an emergency, the university utilizes the following tools – depending upon the severity of the situation – to communicate with the campus community:
- Sirens are notification that there is imminent danger and that more information should be sought via the university web site.
- LU-ALERT is our text messaging system that sends notifications to your phone in the event of an emergency or inclement weather. See below for information on signing up for LU-ALERT.
- Email is sent to everyone who has a campus email address.
- Classroom announcements are relayed via speakers in classrooms across campus.
- Lehigh.edu, our campus web site, will display an alert banner and provide links to other emergency information and resources.
- (610) 758-NEWS is updated when an emergency happens or when the campus is closed or delayed due to weather.
- The campus portal may display an emergency-related tab.
- The university’s Facebook and Twitter pages may be utilized to convey the status of an emergency situation or to relay a closing due to inclement weather.