The Computer Repair Services (CRS) team provides vendor-certified repair and upgrade services (both in- and out-of-warranty) to faculty, staff and students for business-class units from Apple, Dell, and Lenovo.
Students can submit a request for computer repair or diagnostics through the LTS Jira request system; or, students can call the LTS HelpDesk (610-758-4357). Faculty/staff can contact the LTS Help Desk to start a computer repair request.
Diagnosis Procedure and Charges:
- In-Warranty Repairs: No charge for parts or labor
- Out-of-Warranty Repairs and Upgrades:
- For all jobs, CRS begins by preparing a cost estimate for the exact parts and labor required.
- Diagnostic Fee: $30 + tax (waived for accepted jobs)
- Labor Rate: $55 / hr; $30 / half-hour -- (30-day warranty on work performed)
- OEM parts are generally warrantied for 90 days, but this varies by part.
- Most repairs require 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
- Repairs and Upgrades to University-owned equipment must be charged to department accounts.
- Student repairs and upgrades must be paid via personal check, money-order or Bursar’s account (no cash or credit cards).
Most work is done at the CRS shop located at EWFM 171, which is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s recommended that users call the shop phone (610-758-4782) before stopping in.
Priority and Timing:
CRS employs a limited number of technicians, and at times the number of jobs is large, and a backlog occurs. Priority is given to critical University-owned systems, and staff computers. The shop does not stock parts, but orders all needed parts via next-day delivery. Most in-warranty repairs are handled in 1-3 days.
A limited number of laptops (Windows/Mac) are available to loan to individuals whose computers are in for repair. There is no cost for using these loaner laptops.