The Computer Repair Services (CRS) team provides vendor-certified repair and upgrade services (both in- and out-of-warranty) to faculty, staff and students for business-class units from Apple, Dell, and Lenovo.
Students can submit a request for computer repair or diagnostics through the LTS Jira request system; or, students can call the LTS HelpDesk (610-758-4357). Faculty/staff can contact the LTS Help Desk to start a computer repair request.
Diagnosis Procedure and Charges:
- In-Warranty Repairs: No charge for parts or labor
- Out-of-Warranty Repairs and Upgrades:
- For all jobs, CRS begins by preparing a cost estimate for the exact parts and labor required.
- Diagnostic Fee: $30 + tax (waived for accepted jobs)
- Labor Rate: $55 / hr; $30 / half-hour -- (30-day warranty on work performed)
- OEM parts are generally warrantied for 90 days, but this varies by part.
- Most repairs require 30 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
- Repairs and Upgrades to University-owned equipment must be charged to department accounts.
- Student repairs and upgrades must be paid via personal check, money-order or Bursar’s account (no cash or credit cards).
Most work is done at the CRS shop located at EWFM 171, which is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s recommended that users call the shop phone (610-758-4782) before stopping in.
The Student Repair Services (STARs) can be found on the ground floor of EWFM in room 453. STARs has flexible hours and can be reached by phone at 610-758-4985.
Priority and Timing:
CRS employs a limited number of technicians, and at times the number of jobs is large, and a backlog occurs. Priority is given to critical University-owned systems, and staff computers. The shop does not stock parts, but orders all needed parts via next-day delivery. Most in-warranty repairs are handled in 1-3 days.
A limited number of laptops (Windows/Mac) are available to loan to individuals whose computers are in for repair. There is no cost for using these loaner laptops.